Memorial Day on Monday gives most of us a three-day weekend, and there’s plenty going on to commemorate the veterans who’ve died in U.S. wars. You can find a listing of York County Memorial Day services and events here, but here are a few other things to keep in mind, too.
- Plan ahead and prepare a unique teacher’s gift for the end of the school year.
- If all the outdoor activities have your allergies acting up, try a dose of local honey as a cure.
- Practice your bocce skills at an outdoor barbecue this weekend, and then sign up for the York County Senior Games, held June 18-22.
- Whip up a special dish and submit it into the York Daily Record / Sunday News and Smart magazine’s Seasonal Recipe Contest. The deadline is May 31 for this month’s picks, rhubarb and asparagus.
- Try a DIY curtain project to amp up your indoor space. Assistant sports editor Jess Sprenkle provides step-by-step instructions.
- Or, get a little crafty with a poster that tells us why you love your hometown, and snap a photo while you’re out and about. Then, enter the photo in the Smart magazine photo contest for a chance to win tickets to Hersheypark.
What do you have planned for this hot and humid three-day weekend?