Need a reason to head downtown Sept. 4-8? Downtown Inc is promoting the first York City Boutique Week, aimed at shining a spotlight on York’s “small and independently owned home and apparel retailers,” according to a press release.
Different shops will host demonstrations, promotions and special guests throughout the week, but the main event is the fashion show
7:30 p.m. Sept. 7 at Central Market, 34 W. Philadelphia St. Coordinated in conjunction with students from the Art Institute of York and scheduled as part of September’s “Sidewalk Sale” First Friday, the show will feature locally sold fashion and accessories.
Tickets to the show are $5 each and can be purchased through Downtown Inc’s website. Ticketholders then receive a $5 coupon good at select York City Boutique Week retailers; some restrictions apply.
Check out a listing of participating shops:
- Art & Framing Warehouse, 147 W. Philadelphia St.
- Art & Inspiration Gallery, 258 W. Market St.
- Arthur & Daughters, Pop-Up, 24 N. Beaver St.
- Central Market York, 34 W. Philadelphia St.
- Cherie Anne & Eudaimonia Tea Bar, 48 W. Philadelphia St.
- Flair Fashions, 102 N. George St.
- Gerald Davidson Studio, 17 E. Philadelphia St.
- Green Bean Coffee Roasting Co., 100 S. Beaver St.
- Growing Up Green, 266 W. Market St.
- I’Sha Boutique, 342 W. Market St.
- Kimman’s, 57 N.Beaver St.
- KrysLyn’s Bridal Boutique, 286 W. Market St.
- The New Hub, 51 S. George St.
- Park Street Pantry, 24 N. Beaver St.
- Sweet Melissa’s Dream, 51 N. Beaver St.
- Watchmaker’s Daughter, 22 N. Beaver St.
For a full schedule of planned events, visit downtownyorkpa.com/yorkcity
boutiqueweek. Free parking is available in city garages for customers who show a receipt from a participating York City Boutique Week retailer.