Sometimes during the holiday season (or really, any season), I get wrapped up in too many to-do lists. It’s Nov. 10! Why am I not done with Christmas shopping?! Why haven’t I planned my Thanksgiving menu?! WHEN IS THE LAST TIME I VACUUMED MY HOUSE? And so on.
Kara Eberle can certainly relate — her column in Sunday’s paper talks about her worries of being (or not being) a perfect mom.
But you’re allowed to give yourself a break every so often. And as you enjoy that cup of coffee or glass of wine and a few glorious minutes to yourself, see what we were up to this week at Smart:
- Enjoy a fix-it-and-forget-it dinner with a few chili recipes for your slow cooker. Dice up the ingredients, drop them in and dinner prep is done…
- Which gives you some time to make these indulgent-looking Nutella cookies, of course. Everyone needs a treat once in a while.
- Snag a few tips for staying cozy and stylish this winter, as the Smart fashion panel shares its favorite cold-weather to-dos.
- Enjoy the (relatively) warmer weather expected this week and get outside. November might be known for Thanksgiving and food comas, but any time is a good time for some exercise.
- And don’t miss this week’s Earthy & Expecting post, where Stacia — who gave birth to her son three months early — shares how to survive when caring for a micro-preemie.
Looking for some last-minute plans — or looking to plan ahead? Don’t miss Smart’s Holiday Countdown, highlighting events all around southcentral Pennsylvania in November and December.