Gift update: My mom flat-out told me on the phone last week what I could get her for Christmas, so I have one idea. Other progress? I bought something for an exchange I later realized I’d be unable to attend. So… I’m glad Christmas is still six weeks away.
But it’s not too early to embrace the Christmas spirit. Check out these offerings in southcentral Pennsylvania in the next week:
- If you still need some Thanksgiving inspiration, Intercourse Canning Company is offering a sampling of warm dishes Nov. 16-17.
- Or catch a show — music, dance and theater combine as “A Boogie Woogie Christmas” kicks off Nov. 14 at Allenberry Resort Inn and Playhouse in Boiling Springs, and Dutch Apple Theatre in Lancaster offers “A Swingin’ Christmas” beginning Nov. 15.
- Check out holiday light displays at Hersheypark Christmas Candylane (2 million twinkling lights!) and at Gifts of Lights on Elizabeth Farms in Lititz, both beginning Nov. 16.
- Welcome the holidays with a spirited parade — and maybe even a visit from Santa. Dickens Days in Shippensburg is Nov. 16, and both Lebanon and Harrisburg will offer their holiday parades Nov. 17.
- While in Harrisburg, don’t miss the Student Art-Science Christmas Tree Display at the Whitaker Center, just one event in the center’s annual holiday fun.
- And if you’re looking to give back in York County, check out the Gifts That Give Hope Fair at Brown’s Orchards Nov. 17. Eliminate some of the commercialism of the holidays and support the work of area nonprofits and community agencies.
Phew! Lots going on. Want more details on any of these events, or want to check out Smart’s Holiday Countdown in full? We’ve got you covered.