I like to be prepared.
That’s my motto when it comes to the items I carry in my purse.
And that’s why I carry pretty much everything but the bathroom sink with me every day.
But apparently I’m not alone.
Check out what Smart bloggers are stashing in their bags:
Sam Dellinger: I use a cosmetic bag to store my items so they’re easy to find and aren’t rolling around in the bottom of my bag.
Here’s a list of the beauty and skincare products I carry with me at all times:
• Rewetting Drops: These help my eyes feel comfortable when I’m wearing contacts.
• One preservative-free regular eye drops vial: I have dry eyes.
• Vintage pill case: When I get headaches and it’s from my grandmother, so it’s a nice reminder of her.
• EOS lip balm: Love the scent and the moisturizing benefits it gives my dry lips.
• Clean & Clear Oil absorbing sheets: I can soak up facial oil without smudging my makeup.
• Small container of liquid foundation: I got this small container at the Lancome counter, it’s what they use when you try out one of their liquid foundations. I have re-used this bottle because of how small it is. Fill the container with your favorite liquid foundation and you have a 10-day supply.
• Cover Girl Pressed Powder, Oil Control: When I want some extra coverage and want to combat my afternoon-oily complexion
• Travel-size Kabuki brush: I hate the press pad that comes in most compacts, so I use this instead to apply my powder.
• Hairclip: Bad hair-day rescue
• Revlon Just Bitten Kissable: Love this light shimmery color it adds to my lips and it moisturizes too.
Ashley May: My purse essentials include lip balm, aloe and foundation powder.
Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment, tinted, is my favorite product in my purse: it doubles as a hydrating treatment and lip stick. Sugar Berry Tinted is my favorite shade so far. I got this for free with Sephora points, but it normally costs $22.50.
My skin often becomes dry and flaky if I don’t use enough moisturizer in the morning. So, I always carry a small bottle of aloe. I like Jason Aloe Vera 98 percent Gel, because it’s not oily and it rubs in easily.
Last but not least, I usually have a finishing powder and a retractable brush in my purse. Throughout the day, makeup might rub off or look uneven; so, having some powder on hand is always a good idea. I carry bareMinerals Mineral Veil, $20, and apply it with Laura Geller’s Retractable Kabuki Brush, $29.
April Trotter: My purse is huge, so I feel completely justified in having a few essentials on hand.
Here are the must-haves you can always find in my purse:
• Burt’s Bees chap stick. If it’s not in my purse, it’s in my pocket — love this stuff.
• Lip gloss. Cliniques’s Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss in Raspberry adds a hint of color and a lot of shine.
• More lip gloss. Covergirl’s Wetslicks in Shimmershell gives my lips a neutral shimmer.
• Travel-size dry shampoo. Chances are my hair isn’t looking its best after putting in a full day’s work. A quick touch-up with Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo is a must at 6 p.m.
• Lotion. Clinique’s Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer is a must when my skin is feeling parched. And it has SPF 20, which is great if I’m going to be outside for awhile.
• Oil-absorbing sheets. Clean & Clear’s Oil Absorbing Sheets are a godsend when my face goes from “dewy” to just plain shiny.
April Trotter is the editor of Smart. She owns way too many cardigans and ballet flats. She gravitates toward the color mustard whenever possible. Most of her wardrobe comes from TJ Maxx and outlet stores. She loves coupons for clothing discounts. Follow her on Twitter @AprilTrotter.
Ashley May is a Smart Magazine fashion writer and photographer. She has an eclectic wardrobe and loves mixing boutique-vintage with modern styles or experimenting with new color combinations. See more of Ashley’s fashion-forward tips on SmartMagPA.com every Wednesday. Follow her on Twitter @AshleyMayTweets.
Samantha Dellinger loves fashion because it’s how each person can express his or her individuality. She thinks the biggest fashion faux pas people make is wearing the same thing/style over and over again. Follow her @BlackCat911.