- New Year’s Revolution — Continental Square, York. Live entertainment including Groove Jones, horse and buggy rides and food vendors, plus free giveaways from Sprint. The White Rose will drop at midnight with a fireworks display. Special events for children begin 6 p.m.; music in the Square begins 7:45 p.m. Visit yorkcity.org for details.
- Gettysburg New Year’s Eve – Lincoln Square, downtown Gettysburg. Entertainment, fireworks and a party in the square. Hosted in partnership with Gettysburg borough and ACNB Bank. For details, contact 717-334-5006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wrench-drop in Mechanicsburg — East end of Main Street between Market and Arch streets. Festivites begin 10 p.m.; the annual 8-1/2-foot wrench drop will happen at midnight, with food, music and fun for the whole family throughout the night. For details, call 717-796-0811 or visit mechanicsburgchamber.org.
- First Night Carlisle — Downtown Carlisle. Performing artists and traditional festivities will combine ancient practices of inaugurating the new year through art and present-day enjoyment. The event is alcohol-free. For details, call 800-381-1394, email email@example.com or visit firstnightcarlisle.org.
- Harrisburg New Year’s Eve — Market Square, Harrisburg. Begins 9 p.m. Live musical entertainment, children’s activities, face painting, horse-drawn carriage rides and fireworks. Call 717-255-3040 for details.
- 3 … 2 … 1! Lancaster – City YMCA and Clipper Magazine Stadium, Lancaster. More than 20 live entertainment venues, plus fireworks and the lowering of the red rose at midnight in Binns Park on Chestnut Street. Entrance to Binns park is free; for details, call 717-291-4758.
- New Year’s Eve Bologna Drop — Ninth and Cumberland streets parking lot in downtown Lebanon. Sponsored by the Community of Lebanon Association. For details, call 717- 273-7215 or visit www.lebanonpa.com.
Are you headed out to one of these events tonight? Leave us a comment and let us know.