If you’re craving something crispy, cheesy or breaded, this recipe for Zucchini Chips is a perfect, lighter substitution. Serve these as an appetizer, snack or side dish with hot or cold marinara sauce or low-fat ranch dressing.
1/4 cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon of Italian herb mix (oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme and sage)
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons skim milk
2 1/2 cups sliced zucchini
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Slice zucchini in 1/4-inch pieces.
3. Mix first four ingredients in a bowl, and lightly season with salt and pepper.
4. In a separate bowl, pour the milk.
5. Place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet and spray it with cooking spray.
6. Dip zucchini in the milk, coat with breadcrumbs, and place on the pan.
7. After you’ve breaded all of the zucchini bake for about 30 minutes or until crisp.
Nutrition information (serves 4): 59 calories, 7 grams carbohydrates, 3 grams fat, 4 grams protein