Head downtown in York on Friday for February’s First Friday: Paint the Town. From 5 to 9 p.m., downtown shops will offer specials, discounts and entertainment.
First off, don’t miss two ribbon cuttings by Mayor C. Kim Bracey, first at 4 p.m. at Aura4Her, 272 W. Market St., and then at 5 p.m. at Lotus Moon Yoga’s new studio, 36 N. Beaver St. Read more on what the shop owners have to say about their events here.
Here’s a sampling of other specials offered by downtown merchants:
- The Watchmaker’s Daughter (22 N. Beaver St.) Anyone wearing red will receive a free gift! Wine and sweets will be served. Photography by Susan Scofield displayed.
- Park Street Pantry (24 N. Beaver St.) Show your valentine some love with Seattle Chocolates, featuring a full line of candy heart boxes and delicious truffles. For First Friday, we will be offering a special truffle sampler pack for $2 (regularly $3).
- Kimman’s (57 N. Beaver St.) Paint it Red at Kimman’s — Anything with red is 15 percent off!
- Studio 11 West (11 W. Philadelphia St.) We’re offering a 10 for $10 special: 10 minutes in the studio for $10 — you’ll receive two low-resolution images run through post production, great images for use for the web. ($10 fee also includes $25 in print credits for any other photo session at our standard rate.)
- Strand-Capitol (50 N. George St.) Jazz in the City presents Ron Water, Steve Rudolph, Steve Meashey & Jeff Stabley. Live music runs from 5 to 7 p.m. at The Studio at the Strand-Capitol Performing Arts Center. $3 cover or free with student ID.
- King’s Courtyard Artist’s Collective (124 E. King St.) Help us welcome our February Guest Artist Harry Smith, owner, operator, artist, and creator of Antiquita Glassworks. Enjoy the artwork of the Collective artists, live music and free refreshments.
- Varsity Smoke Shack (39 W. Market St.) The Varsity Cuban: House smoked pulled pork and ham topped with Swiss cheese and house-made garlic dill pickles and house mustard sauce on a toasty French baguette — $6.95.
- Esaan Thai Restaurant (30 N. Beaver St.) Gather with friends and join us for a delicious Thai meal you can enjoy in a lively atmosphere! See what specials we’re whipping up in the kitchen and which freshly made gelato flavors we have available for First Friday. Reservations strongly recommended. BYOB.
- Stadium Grille of York (133 N. Duke St.) One large cheese pizza at half-price when you purchase a large pizza! Our brick oven makes for an unforgettable pizza experience that will leave you wanting more!
Find a full listing of special discounts and events at downtownyorkpa.com/first-fridays.