Fast forward two weeks, though, and they’re all over my apartment — slung over the back of a chair, looped around a coat hook, tossed aside on my bedroom floor.
So I decided to take action, especially after seeing a neat piece from IKEA that seemed simple enough to re-create at home. When I found a Pinterest tutorial for a project that would cost less than $5, I was sold. Here’s how it works:
– Shower hooks (a pack of 12 from Target cost me $1.24)
– A hanger (from my closet)
– Tape (I used white Duct tape, $3.39 a roll at Target)
1. Arrange your shower hooks below your hanger — I did a row of six, then four, then two.
2. Tape each hook to the hanger and also to the hook next to or above it.
3. Thread your scarves through!
Really — it’s that easy. You could even make a second hanging organizer if you have more than 12 scarves.