So Valentine’s Day is tomorrow and you still haven’t bought or made cards for your loved ones. No worries!
Here’s an easy, fun and fast idea for valentines that you can easily make with your kids — or let your children make their own if they are old enough to handle scissors.
What you need
- craft glue
- card stock paper or cards
- googly eyes
- 1-inch hole punch
- craft paper to cut hearts out of (in contrasting colors or patterns)
- a marker or pen
- Open the card stock card and punch a hole in what will be the upper left side of the front of the card.
- Glue one googly eye in the center of the hole.
- Cut out hearts from craft paper in various sizes and colors.
- Layer the hearts (optional; you can use just one) and glue them to the card to the right of and slightly lower than the eye.
- Write “you” or “U” on the bottom right side of the card. Front should read “(Eye) (heart) you” at a diagonal.
- Trim the edges of the car to round them (optional)
- Open the card and draw a face around the eye — you also can glue another eye inside, but the card won’t close all the way.
- Write a message to your valentine.
- Voilà! You’re done. Give the card to someone you love. Happy Valentine’s Day!